Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Worry Wart

That’s what I can call myself.  I don’t seem like that often but I truly am!  Today’s scripture reading was so mind boggling. So many things to think about and reflect on!  All the scriptures sure can apply to me especially about being such a worry wart but I am going to pull out the scripture that I’d love to work harder on.  

S:  Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. Matthew 6:33

O: That is so important!  I can’t say enough how much that seems so relevant but doing so is a whole different thing!  I remember when I was working on decorating my house and my Pastor said, “Just pray about it first.”  Seriously?  Pray about what curtains to choose?  At the time of my spiritual journey that seemed so weird. Now that is completely different!  Before I would walk mindlessly down the aisles (ahem yard sales) trying to figure what I can compile together for our house.  Then walk away empty handed.  I know now to seek Him in everything I do.  EVERYTHING.  Including what I would consider trivial like decorating our house.  Now that’s not easy.  Especially sometimes when I feel that He’s playing the silent treatment with me. 

A: So how do I start?  Well I am going to make sure that I apply this exactly as it is said, “Seek Kingdom of God above all else.”  The NIV says, “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” and the NKJV “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. “  I like the word FIRST.  That doesn’t mean second, or later, or tomorrow, or when I get around to it.  It means first and foremost.  I really gotta work on that.  I love my morning Bible study and prayer routine.  It’s not perfect and on some weeks I am lucky to do 5 out of the 7 days.  But I gotta apply this.  Because check out the reward “and all these things will be given to you as well.”  Who wouldn’t want that?!

P: Lord, please help me!  I really want to hear you and grow in relationship with you.  I don’t want to feel that you are being silent.  In fact, help me be MORE silent so I can hear what your purpose is for me.  I will work harder in putting you FIRST in everything.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment