Monday, January 31, 2011

SOAP Sunday - Compassion

Bible

S:  Mark 8:2 I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat.

O: Four thousand people traveled long distances to see Jesus and to hear Him speak. Many of them didn’t even care if they had enough food.  Once they were with Jesus they stayed (at this point they have been with Him for three days).  It was Jesus who knew what they needed.

A: I’ve heard this story many times.  I’ve even taught this lesson in Sunday School!  Amazingly it has impacted me in a different way.  In this case, it has made me think about how much I worry about whether we have enough of…. well… pretty much anything. I stress out when I think about what we don’t have and rarely stop to think about what we do have. I need to remember the words of my Lord, “I have compassion for these people…” Jesus cares for me.  He knows what I need even before I can even think it.

P: Lord, thank you for having compassion for me. Thank you for always knowing my needs before I even know that I need it.  Father, I’m sorry for always thinking that I need to control things. I am thankful for your grace as I grow. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment