Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Golden Rule

Today’s scripture reading was so insightful.  The disciples even had a hard time understanding Jesus though they were chillin’ with him the whole time!  One part that totally resonated with me was when Jesus healed Peter’s mom who had a fever and she then got up and prepared a meal for the disciples.  I sure wish I could have Jesus touch me and heal me from this sickness ASAP! I know that Jesus can heal me, and I know that I can also tough this out.  In the meantime, here is my SOAP for the day.
S – Matthew 7:12 “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.
O – What a difference the world would be if we all did this! I like that Jesus sums up all the prophets and law in the entire Old Testament by saying this. In a way, isn’t it like Cliff Notes of the Old Testament? 
A – Living this way would make a world of difference.  It’s supposed to be easy but what about when you are having a bad day and hubby is too?  It can be really  hard to stay sweet when babies are fussy, dinner is burning, and the laundry in the dryer keeps buzzing.  Even still, I can do this.  For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me right? Smile
P – Lord teach me to be more like you.  I know I can live by this Golden rule. I ask you to guide me and continue to have patience with me as I grow in our relationship.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment