Thursday, January 13, 2011

Today’s S.O.A.P.

Today’s reading is Matthew 16:5 – 17:23.
S – Matthew 17:20 - “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.
O - In this reading many things happened with the disciples as they followed Jesus. They had just witnessed another feeding of thousands, the Transfiguration, and were trying to heal a boy with a demon.  Unfortunately they couldn’t and what Jesus responded is so transforming to me.
A – As a homeschooling mom, I find that there are many mountains.  One that is staring at me in the face is the mountain of LAUNDRY!  I also stepped on crayons scattered on the floor from last night when Lil Dude decided he wanted to draw Ben 10 figures.  Oh and did I mention the mountain of dishes from cooking last night?  ACK!  In this instance, I know that I have faith but it won’t make those things disappear.  The fact of the matter is, I should embrace this season. Our life is full of seasons and currently it’s a very special season of growth. Later, it won’t be the laundry or the crayons on the floor… This will be replaced by getting their first driver’s license, first car, heading off to college and much more.   I can embrace the moment, understand that with faith I can move the mountain (or maybe tackle the laundry and dishes) and with my Lord all things are possible Smile.
P – Lord, thank you for your Word.  I am so thankful that you are with me as we move through the seasons of change and growth.  Thank you for showing me that all things are possible with you.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment