Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Menu Planning Monday, actually Tuesday (again)

Last week was pretty successful with Menus!  We went the entire week without EATING OUT!  Woo hoo!  Amazing what planning does! 

Sunday doesn’t count especially since my mother-in-law brought fried chicken.  I didn’t have to cook and it left an opportunity to save what I had planned that day for the this week!  So here’s the plan:

Monday – Daddy works late so the boys and I just ate leftovers from Sunday’s chicken

Tuesday – Spaghetti with spinach meatballs (we didn’t have this last week).  With all the ground beef leftover from the Tacos, I used the meat to make this killer one pan Mexican Rice dish.  It was pretty good and the boys gobbled it up! Sides: Salad and fresh from the Bread maker bread. 

Wednesday – Chicken, steak, and shrimp fajitas.  I have small cuts of chicken breast, a little bag of uncooked shrimp, and some steak meat.  I thought I would use this all up to make lots of fajitas!  I’ve got all the yummy goodie veggies to go along with this.

Thursday – Baked chicken thighs with a salad and some more fresh bread.  I am really hoping to exercise my bread maker this week.  We are such a sucker for the Albertsons fresh French bread but figured, “Why buy it if I can make it?”  It takes advance planning to make the bread in time for dinner (will have to get it started before 2pm so that it will be ready for our dinnertime).  Hopefully all goes well!

Friday – Chicken tostadas. I’ll have enough chicken from Thursday to shred up the rest and put together for our favorite Chicken tostadas.  There’s only 4 ingredients in this and it’s fast and easy but oh so yummy!  Will have to post recipe and picture for this one!

Saturday – Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup.  I saw this online and so want to try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment