Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Homeschool year 2011-2012

I am finally getting around to posting this year's plans even though we began way back in August! This year we decided to enroll in a homeschool enrichment program and the boys are really enjoying it. They attend one day a week and their classes include: Arizona's plants and animals, Public speaking, Digital animation, PE, Music, and much more. This gives me a chance to (sort of) plan the rest of the week and prepare lessons. Although lately, I have using this time to volunter at hubby's school instead.

For math, we began using Teaching Textbooks and we LOVE it! I enjoy the fact that I don't have to do the lessons anymore and now I provide more of a support system. We were really beginning to butt heads in math and this helped a WHOLE lot.

We are also doing some online coursework through our local school district and that's helping too! Lil Dude is doing math and Nani is doing Language Arts. What is really awesome about this is that we get to spend more time doing our sonlight history curriculum when they complete their studies. I almost feel that I split myself into two :-)

For science we are in a co-op studying sharks. It is a ten week curriculm which will take us through November. We are also in cub scouts so our plates are pretty full.

Every year I begin to wonder if this will be our last year homeschooling. In the meantime, I make sure to enjoy the moment and realize what a blessing it is to be able to teach my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment