Sunday, June 12, 2011

Faith SOAP

It has been awhile.  I know.  I don’t want to have fill in all the details, just have been very busy!  My SOAP today just made me feel like it is something that needed to be shared.

S: Hebrews 11:6 And without Faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe He exists and that He rewards anyone who earnestly seeks Him.

O: In this chapter we are reminded of all the people in the Bible who had faith. They were commended for the actions they committed that showed that faith.  Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, etc.  Even Rahab the prostitute was mentioned.  These are people who also didn’t always make the right choices yet they are given to us as examples of commendable faith.  Amazing isn’t it?  Sometimes Christians think that true Christians have to be perfect and that is so untrue.  I love reading how the most impactful people are those that are just plain human.

A: I am so grateful that we are reminded how important it is to have faith though we must understand that even those who had the greatest of faith did not receive all that was promised (Hebrews 11:39).   I will be different today by reading this because I am going to remind myself that it is important to have faith even when the enemy tries to plant lies and doubts in my head.  This particular reading helped me because last night I was beginning to worry about sending my oldest to camp.  Will he be ok? What if he gets lost? What if no one watches him like I watch him? What if he doesn’t make any friends? What if… this? What if … that?  It was such a sinking and terrible feeling.  This reading helped me remember that I must have faith.  Sending him to camp is the best investment of $250 we could ever spend.  He will receive an experience he will forever remember. My Lord knows my concerns and I must have faith that he will see me through that week.  Thank you Jesus!

Prayer: Lord, thank you for that whip of reminder that it is not for me to worry but to have faith.  Thank you for providing me examples of what faith is and how to have it.  I hope that one day I will also be commended for having great faith through everything.  I love you Lord, you are so amazing! In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment